Ever wonder what apps other event professionals are using?
In a previous blog, we shared 4 Essential Apps for Event Professionals. The post highlighted our favorite time-savers and asked for you to do the same.
The response was incredible! We received numerous emails and noticed a trend with five apps in particular.
Now, we’d like to share those apps with you:
- Super Planner – Your Toolbox
- Super Planner offers a range of planning tools. Some of the features included in this app are calculations for venue capacity, staffing, catering, staging, projection, as well as useful tips. This app will help even the experienced event professional save time, eliminate calculation errors, or act as a useful guide for those new to the industry. The app is $9.99.
- Asana – The Project Coordinator
- The Asana app was originally designed to improve the productivity of employees at Facebook. It lets you manage conversations and track tasks in one location. Quickly add and edit due dates, assignees, and files all from the app. Free app.
- World Time Buddy – The World Clock
- This app is helpful for when you are planning meetings in different time zones. You can view multiple time zones in a side-by-side view to figure out the best meeting time. Then use the app to set and share meetings with participants. The basic app is free.
- Uber – Personalized Transportation
- Uber is a brilliant app that allows you to request a private car service with a few clicks. And now thanks to a new division of Uber launched in 2015; you can use UberEvents to pay for your attendees. The way it works is you set up a promotional code through their UberEvents website. You then provide this code to your attendees and Uber knows to charge your account for their ride. This app is free to download.
- Waze – The Navigator
- Waze is available in most countries around the world, and it helps you navigate through foreign cities like a local. This app is unique because it uses a community-based approach for updating their live maps. Users can submit updates of traffic delays, road closures, police traps, the cheapest gas station on your route, etc. Free app.
Again, thank you to everyone who took the time to share with us. We encourage you to keep the feedback and topic ideas coming.
Until next time!